In July 2020, the Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH) COVID-19 follow-up clinic was initiated to support COVID-19 positive children and their families. The clinic provides acute care and long-term follow-up via telehealth services. Face-to-face appointments are also available (after being cleared from isolation or quarantine).
The clinic aims:
- To provide clinical support/advice to COVID-19 positive children/families soon after diagnosis with long term follow-up care
- To provide links to long-term primary health care networks and GP’s
- To support vulnerable children and families
- To provide investigations as needed
- To offer children and families the opportunity to participate in research projects (e.g. SARS-CoV-2 antibody testing)
- Time: Wednesdays 1.30pm – 4.30pm
Referral by a GP or specialist:
- External referrals can be made here
- Specialty: General Medicine
- Provider: Dr Shidan Tosif
- Department: COVID Clinic
- Diagnosis: COVID follow-up
Authors: Daniela Say (MVEC Immunisation Fellow, Murdoch Children’s Research Institute)
Date: October 2020
Materials in this section are updated as new information and vaccines become available. The Melbourne Vaccine Education Centre (MVEC) staff regularly reviews materials for accuracy.
You should not consider the information in this site to be specific, professional medical advice for your personal health or for your family’s personal health. For medical concerns, including decisions about vaccinations, medications and other treatments, you should always consult a healthcare professional.